Before you start.
- Use the keto calculator to determine your macros. You’ll need this as a guideline to creat a framework for your meals.
- Create a record of your BEFORE KETO self.
- take pictures
- take measurements
- weigh yourself
- Download a Keto Approved Shopping list and a poster of the Keto Food Pyramid.
- create a personalized shopping list
- install an phone app like Carb Manager
Your first Week
- track your food
- track your macros
- plan your meals, all of them.
- create a basic framework for creating your meals
5 Things to do every day
- Drink a tall glass of water in the morning
- Exercise. Start small, go for a walk. Please read The role of Exercise in a ketogenic diet.
- Track your food and Carbs. Consider yourself in a learning mode for the next 8-12 weeks.
- Spend some time on you. (read a book, listen to music, reflect on your day, plan for tomorrow, etc)
- Get a good night sleep.
- measure your ketones with a ketone breath meter
- expect to experience keto flu at some point. Plan to have the ingredients for an electrolyte drink.