- left over chicken roast and bones
- 10 stalks of celery
- 3 large carrots
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 6 quarts of water
- spices optional: garlic, oregano
- cut produce in large bite size peices
- place all ingredients into a stock pot
- add 6 quarts of water
- bring to a boil
- simmer for 18-24 hours
- pour broth through a strainer to remove bones and produce
- Store in fridge up to 3-4 days or freeze in single person( 1 cup) servings.
Some websites claim the broth is good for several weeks. I have no opinion to offer about this because I always freeze it.